Saturday, March 17, 2007

Sick days

I have been very delinquent in posting, mainly because I have been sick :( One of the benefits of being sick, though, is that you get to stay home and read all day. Yayyyy. On Monday I stayed home and read "The Devil Wears Prada," which was a perfect way to spend a sick day. A very guilty pleasure, and it also made me feel that my job is nothing to complain about. I'm looking forward to watching the movie and seeing how Meryl Streep portrays the insanity of Miranda.

I also finished "Black Mass" and have moved onto another book with Southie connections, although in a very different way. "Wickett's Remedy," by Myla Goldberg, is a novel set in Boston during the 1918 influenza outbreak. I haven't gotten very far in the book yet, but I liked the descriptions of Southie in the early 1900s.

No comments: