Thursday, June 14, 2007

Eight random things

MyWombinations has tagged me to write eight random things about myself, so here goes:

1) I am a crazy Red Sox fan: When they were in the 2004 World Series, I took three days off from work to make sure I could watch all potentially series-clinching games. Seeing the World Series victory parade (duck tour boats cruising down Tremont St., loaded with Red Sox) is one of my all-time favorite memories.

2) My favorite toy when I was 4 years old was a Ronald McDonald doll. You’d think this was a triumph of McDonalds’ pervasive marketing-to-children scheme, but I actually ended up a McDonald’s-hating vegetarian. I just liked that he was yellow (my favorite color) and had that goofy grin.

3) If I had followed my original post-college plans, I would have recently finished a Ph.D. in neuroscience - unless the misery of spending 24/7 in a lab made me throw myself out a window first.

4) My favorite movie is (please don’t mock me) “Bridget Jones’ Diary.” I can’t help it, it just makes me laugh and laugh.

5) I have weird food rules. For example, raisins by themselves are OK, but anything with raisins in it is unacceptable. I won’t eat raisin bagels, and I will painstakingly remove the raisins from any dish (say, salad or couscous) that has raisins in it. Dried cranberries, on the other hand, are perfectly fine.

6) When I was little, I had a cat named Muffy and a hamster named Puffy.

7) I am a kick-a$$ parallel-parker.

8) I have read all of Jane Austen’s novels except for “Mansfield Park,” which I have been putting off for years because once I finish it, I will have no more “new” Jane Austen to read. (I had to get a book-related item in this post somehow :) )

OK, those are my eight things. Now I’m supposed to tag eight more people, but I don’t know eight other bloggers, so I’m going to tag two:

Paulie, aka bosoxguy
Mimi37 at perpetual expat

These are the rules:
1. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
2. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
3. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.

2 comments:

My Wombinations said...

Yay! Those crack me up, ESP the Ronald McDonald one.

M said...

Wow, I'm poky -- but I'm on it!