Thursday, June 28, 2007

Countdown

Just a little post to celebrate the fact that Harry Potter number 7 will be released in 24 days(!!!) I am already planning to sequester myself in my apartment for as long as it takes to discover the fate of Harry and friends (and enemies). Like the people in this NYTimes story, I HATE spoilers, so I am prepared to create an Internet and TV-free zone during this time period.

However, I don’t yet have a game plan for purchasing the book. Most of the bookstores around here are having release parties Friday, July 20, where you can buy the book at midnight. That sounds like fun, but I also have a totally irrational fear that some annoying kid will buy the book, flip to the end to see what happens and start talking about it. So, plan B is to slip into Barnes and Noble first thing Saturday morning, ears covered, buy the book and slink away without any human interaction.

Hopefully I will avoid any incidents where I start pushing little kids out of the way to get to Harry, as Stephen King has (jokingly, I think) threatened to do.

No comments: