Thursday, August 2, 2007

another challenge...

Oooh, I found another book challenge :) This one is called the Book Awards Reading Challenge, it started July 1, 2007 and ends June 30, 2008. So, I'm a little behind, but what the heck. You're supposed to choose 12 books, all of which have won a literary prize. I looked through the lists and realized that I already own 10 such books, and then I added a couple more that I have been wanting to read. Here they are:

The Road by Cormac McCarthy (Pulitzer Prize)
Suite Francaise by Irene Nemirovsky (Prix Renaudot)
Gilead by Marilynne Robinson (Pulitzer Prize)
Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides (Pulitzer Prize)
The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy (Booker Prize)
Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell by Susanna Clarke (Hugo Award)
Amsterdam by Ian McEwan (Booker Prize)
The Corrections by Jonathan Franzen (National Book Award)
Charming Billy by Alice McDermott (National Book Award)
Ship Fever by Andrea Barrett (National Book Award)
The Worst Hard Time by Timothy Egan (National Book Award)
The Looming Tower by Lawrence Wright (Pulitzer Prize)


This should keep me busy for a while! And will help make a dent in the gigantic TBR pile.

No comments: