Sunday, May 13, 2007

In the kitchen

Haven't posted in a while, mainly because I haven't had that much time to read recently :( I'm going to try to change that. I'm also hoping to have more time to cook, especially bake, with one of the new cookbooks I got for my birthday recently. It's called "How to Be a Domestic Goddess," by Nigella Lawson. I am not harboring any illusions about actually becoming a domestic goddess, but I do aspire to produce (and consume) some darn good cookies and cupcakes. Maybe I will start with snickerdoodles. Who could resist cookies called snickerdoodles? I'll probably skip the recipe for steak and kidney pudding though. (Nigella is British, so she has a few items that I'm guessing appeal only to her countrymen.) I'll keep you posted on my baking successes or failures - who knows, maybe this will also become a food blog :)

No comments: